Core ICT Indicators
The main purpose of the core list is to help countries produce high quality and internationally comparable data on information and communication technology. To assist in achieving this goal, the indicators have associated statistical standards and guidance.
- Definitions of terms and concepts (e.g. computer, the Internet);
- Derivation of indicators (e.g. use of appropriate denominators for proportions);
- Model questions that can be included on national survey vehicles;
- Classificatory variables (e.g. business size; age ranges for individual ICT use core indicators);
- Collection scope (e.g. by business size or industry, age of individuals); and
- Statistical units (e.g. household, individual).